And just like that, it's the beginning of a new year! So without further ado:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
G O O D B Y E 2 0 1 7 , H E L L O 2 0 1 8 . . .
Is it just me that feels like the transformational period that comes along with a new year is seriously so magical?? All around everyone is taking time for themselves, sharing with their loved ones, reflecting on where they've been and imagining where they will go in their next year of life. (Cue, "Why can't it always be like this??!") Nevertheless, this process also involves realizing everything you said you would do last year that you did, everything you didn't, and everything you want to continue to do and do more of.
As you could imagine, there's a lot of setting goals, making lists, charting maps, and DREAMING BIG going on over here and I am sharing all of it because, well, I would love some support (& accountability.) I'd also love to look back at the end of the year and see what I'm really capable of and where my heart really was and is.
So here it goes, my magical list of goals, ambitions, and ADVENTURES for 2018:
- Become a licensed Interior Designer;
- Excel at work;
- Continue to grow and develop the design dialogue & my travel blog;
- Become a badass snowboarder chick (this one's for my husband, whom I adore....& want to do cooler tricks than one day...!);
- Visit as many of Oregon's state & national parks as humanly possible;
- Spend more time outside;
- Climb Mt Hood (Yea, I know...);
- Hike (a portion of) the PCT;
- Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity;
- Play the piano;
- Deepen my yoga & develop a practice that supports my lifestyle;
- Be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbor & doggie mommy;
- Embrace minimalism & simplify;
- Invest money & maybe buy/build a home?
In order to do these things, or even attempt to do them, I also aspire to:
- Take action
- Follow my intuition
- Ask questions
- Slow Down
- Breathe Deeper
- Grow up
- Take care of business
- Be honest & true - with myself & others
- Choose love over fear
- And, ultimately, B L O S S O M
. . . which I think is what I'm making my mantra for 2018 - to blossom!
So what do you think, am I crazy? Can I do all the things? I asked Brad what he would like to see us do in 2018, and he said quite simply . . . to enjoy life. Thinking back on 2017, we put in so much energy and effort to getting ourselves to where we are today. It was a year of work & change and I think he's right that 2018 should be a year of enjoyment. I believe it's important to enjoy the fruits of your labor. And while my goals involve more work & more change, they also feel anchored in enjoying life and having fun, which feels like a good balance at this point in life.
So here I am, on the very first day of 2018 casting my intentions with a hopeful heart and an eager mind. Throughout the year I'll keep coming back to this list, back to the roadmap of my dreams and aspirations, reflecting on where and how I can be better, and checking in. We will see how it goes . . . but just thinking about it lights a fire in my soul and makes me bubble with excitement for the new year & another year of LIFE!
Cheers to you, 2018!!!! And cheers to the infinite possibilities that this fresh, new year of life will bring.
Poppin de Bubbl-ay,